Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Sol Lewitt Inspired Piece

For this art assignment, we were given four prompts by the artist Sol Lewitt and we had to follow out these instructions given to us. I decided to do prompt #77 which is straight lines about 6" long, touching and crossing uniformly dispersed with maximum density, covering entire surface of the wall. I decided to use chalk pastel and use more cool toned colors like green and blue. The end product of this project was up to he interpretation of the artist. For example, there were other artists who decided to pick the same prompt as be but had a completely different approach to the assignment. I was the only student to decide to use color in my piece even though the prompt did not require it and I wanted to represent myself as an artist as well as follow Sol Lewitt's prompts. 

Sketchbook Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment