Friday, September 29, 2017

Daily Practice:

My daily practice this week was not of photographing things but it was of viewing wildlife. I think my favorite day this week was of it being evening after dinnertime and I was sitting on the bench in the statue garden on campus and I saw something move. At first I was really startled to see something move because it was really close to be but it was really a tiny white and gray stray kitten. It looked really curious to see me and we just looked at each other for a minute. The kitten seemed a bit intimidated by me because it was a stray and it did not have much experience with human contact but I did not move as all and tried not to scare it. It slowly got a bit closer to me but then it hid behind a small tree a few feet away. It kept watching me from afar just like how I observed it. It eventually went off into the bushes but I thought it was a very interesting experience because it looked so curious but it did not see me as a danger to it. The other days I saw a chubby white and brown cat, some weird looking mushrooms and some birds in the Whitney Museum and some deer at night time. I personally enjoyed this week because it was nice to go on little walks to view wildlife each evening after dinnertime.