Thursday, August 10, 2017

Modeling Experience:

This summer I worked with a local designer in Hartford releasing her new summer line of clothing. Her fashion brand is named Faschinn by Chinnyere McPherson. This is not much of an art related post of mine but it is a quick reflection of my experience working with local photographers and a fashion designer. My overall experience doing modeling was very positive because I was working with professional models and important people within the fashion industry of Hartford CT. I personally have had no prior experience with modeling but I thought it was very interesting to learn how models hold themselves when walking on runways. I am an experienced dancer but it made me realize how differently dancers hold their bodies in comparison to models. When we would practice we also saw the designer work on our pieces which was really interesting seeing how she works with the textiles and handles them. I was surprised to learn how much cosmetics contributed to modeling and photography because I had no idea how much is considered with how a model should look to match his/her outfit and how an outfit should be sold as (example: high fashion). I also learned how to take "good" picture and how to place your body to mimic the illusion of longer legs, longer neck etc. which I thought was very useful since I am interested in photography and figure drawing. It helped me learn about how to work with photographers and get a better insight of how they work with their clients. I think it was a really great experience learning about that industry so closely and gave me a first hand experience of what it was like to be in the fashion industry. 

Photo taken by Mike Chaiken

Here is the contact information of the designer for Faschinn:



No comments:

Post a Comment