Monday, May 15, 2017

Senior Signature Piece

At my high school every senior in AP Studio Art was required to make a signature piece that represented them as an artist. The pieces were then hung up in the school hallway by the main office. To me this piece meant a lot to me because it was my chance to leave my mark on the school before I graduated. I wanted to use watercolor in my piece because I wanted it to be very airy and faded out. One of my favorite concentration pieces of the school year was when I did a zentangle/mandela style piece and I wanted to repeat that approach to my art. I think that piece was a major standout in my pieces that year and it was something unique to my art that the rest of the class did not use in their art. I wanted to have some sort of symbolic figure to represent me in my work so I decided to draw a fox in my work because I felt like it was similar to me. In the meanings of a fox as a spirit animal, a fox can represent being well rounded and cunning. For me as an artist, I am not specialized in one specific medium and I consider myself a well rounded artist. I am familiar with a number of mediums and like to learn more about them as I use them. The fox is positioned to be climbing up a pile of rocks and that symbolizes me growing and learning more about the world around me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment