Monday, April 23, 2018

Photographic Self Portrait: Final

For the class FuseLab, our final project was to paint a large backdrop and abstract a place that has a lot of meaning to us and take a photographic self portrait that represents you. I decided to inspire my backdrop on the Miller Performing Arts Center and the arts in general. I wanted to incorporate dance into my final project and create a composition that was not the same as everyone else's portraits. My idea was to not show my face because in our class we were playing around with that defines a selfie or a picture of yourself. I decided to show my feet and legs that interact with the piece. With my backdrop I wanted to try to show as much of my knowledge of color theory as possible as well as figure out a way that I am best representing myself. I decided to make my backdrop very geometric because I feel like there are a lot of different sides to me like a kaleidoscope and I used colors to make my backdrop look almost like an optical illusion. I was really happy with the end product because I think it represented me as a person because I wanted to show my creativity as a student and how I can apply that to my craft.

Final Photograph

Backdrop and Progress Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment