Monday, April 23, 2018

"Out of the Hat" Piece

For this project we were supposed to make a paper hat and from our own imagination create a ceramics piece of what we would think would have come out of the hat. My idea was to create something inspired by mature because why had looked like there was grass growing inside it and there was a decorative bird cage pattern around it. For my ceramic piece I handmade ceramic feathers and leaves to flow around a shape getting smaller at the top. I was also required a height requirement so I decided to make two pieces that came together as one and the bottom piece was inspired by water ands waves. The top of my hat was curly looking like water so I tried to incorporate as much from the hat as possible. After the first firing, I realized that there was an issue with the kiln and my glazes did not work properly and I ended up painting my piece with acrylic paint so it was not a rusted clack color. 

before and after glazing






No comments:

Post a Comment