Sunday, January 28, 2018

Life Story

I was born in Nanning Guangxi China. I was abandoned in front of a police station at the mere age of three days old. I guess you could say that I had a bit of a rough start to say the least. I'm an international adoptee living in America. I grew up with a really great education. My high school was one of the top three public schools in CT. I took art classes, danced in a company, I even learned multiple languages.  
I was really lucky at my high school. I learned three instruments and was in the advanced choirs. I went to the Estelle Jones School of Dance taking ballet, pointe, lyrical, tap and jazz. Dance is one of the things that has shaped who I am today. 

Art is definitely another major part of my life. I took AP Studio Art and wanted to study art education. In preparation for college, I sent out my portfolio and waited. I was a pretty average student for my high school. I was on the honor roll and was pretty accomplished for a normal high schooler.  I got my acceptance letter from Alfred University not really knowing much about it. I applied to other schools but none stood out to me. After touring Alfred University, I was set on becoming an art student. Since completing my first semester at Alfred I have changed a lot I've become stronger, more mature, I learned that sometimes its ok to speak up. My life story isn't finished yet but I am excited to see what will come next.


The 14 lights represent 14 parts of my life and tied together to make me

No comments:

Post a Comment